Wednesday 31 March 2010

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?


When choosing an idea for my music video,I wasn't sure whether to have something that was related to the song title or whether to using a random idea that I could stick with throughout the whole video.I found it hard in thinking of choosing a story to match my music video because of the lyrics.Therefore the normal conventions of a music video were somewhat thrown out due to this.Many music videos also include a performance based piece within the video from the band so I had to think of how I would include my bands performance in context of my music video.In the end I chose against using a performance piece due to finding a suitable place for it to be filmed I also had set out the idea of reversing my footage half way through the video so in this case there was no need for the performance piece to unnecessarily be forced into my video.Most music videos are used so that the footage is steady,maybe using a tripod but I always had the idea that I wanted to used a handheld camera throughout due to how I wanted to make my video look.

No comments:

Post a Comment